Friday, February 4, 2011

Willy and Mo, the Tabby Cats Chapter 1 part 1

It all began one fall evening with two small children finding one tiny yellow tabby kitten they named Willy.  To this day I can still close my eyes and hear my nephew’s voice,
“Look what we found”!

I was living alone, barely twenty and away from home for the first time.  So naturally I took this tiny yellow fur ball home, where Willy ruled from that day forward.

Despite Willy’s diminutive size, he could yell louder than any full-grown lion and quickly learned how to attract the attention he required.  Thanks to Willy’s persistent vocal requests, he soon grew a nice round, solid belly.  Willy became a master at convincing all humans that cats rule and require dinner, snacks, attention, and playtime instantly upon request.

On one occasion, Willy helped himself to an entire freshly popped bowl of popcorn.  I set the bowl on the coffee table and left the room briefly.  Upon my return, I discovered a certain white tipped yellow tail sticking straight up from inside the bowl.  Willy was still small enough to stand with all four feet in the bowl with only his tail giving away his presence.  Willy was happily munching away, until he was caught……..

No comments:

Post a Comment