Wednesday, February 2, 2011

R.I.P. Jackie

Jackie passed away January 5th.  He was a fat, but cuddly old Manx kitty.  Jackie was a little over thirteen years old.  He was getting cataracts, and he had three damaged discs in his back.  He wasn't a particularly interesting old fart.  He was just a big spoiled lap baby that liked to sleep in a sunny window all day.  And on a cold winter night, he preferred to sleep tucked under the covers with his head resting on my pillow.  See what I mean about spoiled?

Jackie came to me courtesy of my nephew, David.  David brought me cats before, so no surprise there.  David and Jackie were staying with me temporarily while David went to school here.  While Jackie and his master were here, my old cat, Willy, passed away.  When David left, he gave Jackie to Mo so he wouldn't get lonely.  So I had two cats again instantly.  And Mo loved his Jackie.  Mo bathed him and brought him hunting "prizes".  So one cat spoiled the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment